Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Stethoscope Beats!

In my pregnancy reading during my first trimester I came across an article about hearing the baby's heart beat with a normal stethoscope.

Of course since I have a stethoscope of my own I was very interested and read on to learn that between 20-28 weeks depending on how the baby is laying, baby's size, and how much weight the mother has put on you can normally hear the heart beat with a stethoscope.

So because I'm one of those people about halfway through my 20th week I started trying to listen but I knew then that my chances of hearing Little Miss's heart beat was very slim so I only tried a couple of times over the next week or two and then decided to wait until I was further along.

Well last night as I was waiting for the sandman to come I decided to give it another try just for fun and also because my stethoscope was still by my bed so I didn't have to get up to get it. Yes I know that sounds super lazy of me!

At the time Little Miss was active as always so I knew whereabouts to start looking for the heart beat.

Then after about a minute.............................


I heard the fast pace galloping beats of her heart! 

Because she is still small it was a little faint but they were there! My medical instincts kicked in and I quickly turned on my timer and counted the beats for a full minute.

149 BMP!

It honestly made my night and I laid there listening to it until my eyes grew heavy and I was starting to doze off. 

Little Miss wasn't too happy with a stethoscope being in her area and she gave it a few kicks which I also got to hear and was again awesome!

I won't lie it's a relief that I can now listen to her whenever I want and will help my nerves when she has one of those rare days where she is more chill and not her crazy active self!

But I won't spend my whole day just listening to her even though I'm sure some days it will sound like the best plan ever but I can see me listening to it every night before I go to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment