I've been meaning to post this is my 2nd trimester started but I always seemed to have other posts that I thought were more important to post before!
But now we are finally getting to it!
It's no secret that I dye my hair the lovely dark brown/auburn color it is now. I love the color and I've always been a fan of darker hair on myself.
Maybe as a lot of people joke it's because I'm evil and would rather hang out with Disney Villains inside an old dark castle then have a tea party with the Princesses!
Anyway dying your hair while being pregnant has always been one of those somewhat controversial subject in pregnancy world.
You have those that say it's fine and others that tell you it's completely horrible and dangerous!
When I got pregnant I had just dyed my hair like a week before so six or so weeks later when it was time to touch it up it hit me that I may not be able to dye it until after the baby is born!
I would be lying to you if I said that thought didn't make me sad!
So I hit up my favorite hair dresser who is also my cousin in law Piper and she said.........................
The myth that dying your hair and the chemicals involved is dangerous to the baby is just that, a myth!
The chemicals are too big to seep into your pores or scalp so they stay on your hair and the surface of the skin. The only thing that can be bad and make pregnant ladies sick is the smell so make sure to do it in a well ventilated area.
I was so excited to hear this but I also asked my doctor the same week and he pretty much said the same thing except he tells his patients to wait until they are in their 2nd trimester!
I had no problem with that since at that point I was close to that milestone and I was thrilled that I wouldn't have crazy hair dyed hair until it grew out enough or the baby was born!
So the first day of my second trimester I went to Sally's and got all the hook ups for my hair dying!
And 30 minutes later I was back to my full, thick locks being the dark brown/auburn color I love!
Of course in my excitement I forgot to take a during and after photo but I think you guys get the just of the hair dying excitement!



No comments:
Post a Comment