Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

*Historic Event* Government Shutdown

Another historical event to add that happened while Little Miss was cooking and this one isn't the best one ever to be posting about but I wanted to add as many important historical events that happened while I was pregnant with her and since this one makes that lists it goes up on the blog!

For about two weeks the government of the United States...................


SHUT DOWN!

Yep it just stopped! Most government workers were told to go home with no pay or the military first response people were told to keep working without pay!

Also it shut down the crab fishery for the start of the season which you know bothered me because of my Deadliest Catch love!

But as of October 17th they settled, to a point, what needed to be fixed and reopened for business!

Of course their is a lot to this story but because I don't want to bog down this blog or any blog for that matter on all the political drama and thanks to the wonderful world wide web information is always available on the matter.

But I wanted it on record for Little Miss that in October of 2013 for about two weeks our government shut down because of disagreements and conflicts! While nothing horrible or tragic happened during that time it still made a lot of people nervous and out of a paycheck for those two weeks!

I pray we never have to see anything one of these in mine or Little Miss's lifetime!

No comments:

Post a Comment