Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Call The Midwife

This really doesn't relate to my pregnancy but my old visiting teacher told me about this show and I feel completely in love with it!

It's called......................


She told me about it last May before I found out I was pregnant because she thought I would love it and she was very, very right!

It's about midwives in the 1950's in a lower class shipping area of London and I think is a BBC jewel!

It's on Netflix of course and when she first told me about it only season one was on there with all 6 episodes of that season. After the first episode I was hooked and watched the first season in one day!

Well Netflix did some updates to a lot of their shows and I was going through their recently added/updated list and they had season 2 with all 8 episodes of the season on there! The one thing I don't like about BBC is their TV seasons are so short! Hahaha!

I was doing some crafts that day that I still need to blog and tell you all about so it was a stay at home lazier type of day so once again watched the entire season in one day!

The series is truly awesome and sweet and I have really enjoyed watching it while I've been pregnant and see not only the difference in how other countries do things in the pregnancy world but how much has changed and we have learned about pregnancy and babies in the 60+ years since this series is set in! I've even had some good laughs because they show women smoking and having a small drink here and there like was the normal thing to do back there both across the pond and here in the States. 

Wither you're pregnant or not I highly recommend watching it!

No comments:

Post a Comment