As I posted in my last OB appointment update we planned and sat the date that Little Miss will be making her big debut!
But........................................................
Ron and I have decided not to make that information public!
I know you all want to jump through the screen and ring my neck!
But we have some good reasons as to why we are keeping this date and time secret.
1. We don't want a massive amount of people waiting in the family waiting area for hours. Yes it's a planned time and they don't take hours to perform but if there is an emergency with another patient the scheduled c-sections get bumped back an hour or so so they can handle the emergency. Then we have a little more than an hour for the prepping, c-section, and sewing me back up before we are taken to recovery. Once we are in recovery we are there for another hour to two before we are taken to our room. And once we are there we want 20 minutes or so to get settled in there before we let in visitors. So this could mean that people will be out there waiting, in what is also a tiny family waiting area compared to our family, for hours! Of course you all will be getting a "She's here text" long before that but it will also come with we are waiting until we are out of recovery and in our room before we are letting visitors in. Of course for family that wants to come down but have to travel for some hours this gives them time to pack up and head down after they get "She's here" text.
Figured I would break up this post with some c-section humor! By the way I was not like this lady when we went to schedule.
2. No one wants to be coming to the hospital early in the morning. Honestly right now we aren't 100% sure on the time my c-section will be at but we know it will be in the morning some time. Having had to get up more times than I can count and remember before God's alarm clock was even close to going off to get to the hospital for surgery I know it's no fun and that was just no fun for me who was going to be put under and operated on! For my poor family who had to come along and play the waiting game I know it sucked more for them because their is NOTHING TO DO and it's far too early for anything in Arizona to be open so you are stuck there wishing you could watch paint dry because it would be much more entertaining than just sitting there! So why not let you all sleep in, go to breakfast, go shopping, or whatever it is that your little hearts want to do while you are waiting for the announcement text.
Hehehehehe! I love grumpy cat!
3. This is all me and Ron agrees and sorry if it sound selfish but one of my biggest fear was going hours not being able to see Little Miss after she was born and wanting time to be with her and just enjoy that first little bit of time as a new family of three with just us three. I've heard story after story of mother's not seeing their babies anywhere from one to three hours after having a c-section and nothing was wrong with the baby. That was all sewing up, recovery, and getting into a room time! I know where I'm delivering works differently but still I don't want to have her brought into me after waiting what I'm sure feels like eternity once I get in my room and have five minutes with just her and Ron before all of our love ones come in. Of course we want you all to come and see her and hold her and all that fun new baby things but I also want a little time for Ron and I just to enjoy her, to take in every single detail of her, and to marvel at what our love has created.
Okay not funny but it was too cute not to add!
4. Last if you get a chance and have the stomach to do so go online and watch an actually c-section birth. Hopefully you weren't eating when you did that! Yep I get to go through that, with have of my body numb, wide awake, with my husband sitting next to me! Doesn't that just sound and look funnier than a day at Disneyland! While I love you all I want the peace and quite of recovery and a little bit of time in our room afterwards to make sure I'm comfortable and my pain is under control. I know I will over the moon and nothing else will matter but having had 41 surgeries before this I know how my pain tolerance is and how I am after surgery and this time I get to be awake during it even though I get a much, much, much better reward at the end! I just want to make sure I'm comfortable and okay before you all come in so I don't get grumpy or weeping over pain issues. Heaven knows I'll have tears but those will be the happy and joyous ones which you all get to enjoy with me!
I saw this one the other day and laughed way to hard at it!
There you have the c-section details or lack of details really since we are mean people like that!
But just like the name post I will leave you all with a hint because I'm not that mean!
If all goes as plans and Little Miss doesn't decided to come earlier she will make her big debut during the day, in January of 2014!
Hey at least I've narrowed it down to the month and year for you!






No comments:
Post a Comment