I knew from the time I was a teenager that I wouldn't tell anyone what we were naming the baby when I got pregnant.
Of course most people honestly mostly my cousins knew my all time favorites as well as me knowing theirs because we would stay up late and talk about our future husbands and babies and all the fairy tale dreams that fill the cute little heads of little girls!
When I started dating Ron and it got serious and we would at time talk about our future family one of the first things I told him was even if we knew or didn't know what we would be naming the baby when I got pregnant I wanted the name or list of names to be locked down and secured like Fort Knox!
Honestly to me it didn't seem like that big of a deal to keep it a secret and when others I know did the same thing when they were expecting it didn't bother me at all because you knew sooner than later you would know and it would all be good.
But I'm shocked by how many people are upset that we aren't even dropping hints about what will officially be on Little Miss's birth certificate!
So I have to ask.....................
Most of the upset people isn't family but because I'm shocked at the how grumpy people can get because of this secret of ours I decided to do this post to explain some of our reasons.
*Ron and I have honestly had the names for our four children picked out even before I got pregnant with Little Miss! Yes we have two top of the list favorites and one alternate for each gender and we may even have a name of two that can work for either a boy or a girl.
*Even though we pretty much know what names we will one day be yelling at the playground when it's time to go we feel like we don't want to name our baby while they are still cooking. What if by the 0% chance Little Miss comes out as a Little Mister? Again the last couple ultrasounds she hasn't been anything close to modest so I know their is no boy plumbing there so she is 100% a Little Miss but I'm sure you understand the point. Or what if we've been calling her Jane and she is born and looks nothing like a Jane but looks like a Jenny? Then you have to get use to calling her Jenny and telling everyone you've been telling for the past few months that Jane is out and Jenny is in.
*Not that this reason will have any effect on us but we honestly don't want to hear for months until Little Miss is here how much someone dislikes her name. What matters is Ron and I love the name and we feel it fits our baby so this is a fact that would never get to either of us since we don't care what other people think or say. Now we aren't going to name our children Banana Hammock or Thunder Pants but still if we have more of an unique name we don't care what people think about it.
*Okay this one may seem crazy but I would rather not have my baby's name on every single thing she has. Since Ron is 30 and I'll be almost 29 when Little Miss is born we plan on having our children close together so we want to be able to use certain things again for our other children which can be hard to do if our next baby is a boy and we have only pink and purple things with his older sister's name all over it!
*Lastly this is our own little secret that we get to know about until she gets here and we announce her arrival. Pregnancy and bringing a life into the world is a beautiful event for everyone to enjoy but we feel certain things like naming and giving birth is a special and spiritual time just for Ron and I. It's one thing that we can do and have just to ourselves. We have picked names that have special meanings to us for different reasons so we hold them dear and want to be the first to call our children by their names after they are born and we get our first look at their beautiful faces and spirits. We don't go around when no one is around or the doors are close and call Little Miss by any of the girl names we picked out. She goes by simply her, she, and other pet names I call her like Little Miss, Sugar, Honey, Little Girl, Baby, Sweetie, and things like that and until we see her and pick for sure which one of our girl names that she fits she will continue to be called these terms of endearment! Also no one, not even Socrates has any clue to the names we have picked out. Honestly people could sit down with a baby naming book and call out every single name in there and Ron and I wouldn't give on telling or dropping a hit when/if you happen to call out the right one. Yep we are rock solid on our decision about this!
But since we're not cruel people Ron and I have agreed to give you one piece of her name to hold you over until January!
******************************
****************************
**************************
************************
**********************
********************
******************
****************
**************
************
**********
********
******
****
**
*
Are you ready for your little piece of Little Miss's name?
**************
************
**********
********
******
****
**
*
Really ready?
************
**********
********
******
****
**
*
Her last name will be Truex!
I only said we weren't cruel but I didn't say we weren't sarcastic! Hahahahaha!




No comments:
Post a Comment