Let me tell you about my new favorite thing!
Sciatic nerve craziness!
Oh yeah it's a blast!
But I make good fun out of it with things like this!
Hehehehe! I love Grumpy Cat!
Anyway my sciatic nerve is already special because of my hips and all the surgeries and fun times I've been on with them!
As you can see from this diagram from the Google World the hips and sciatic are pretty much neighbors!
Well mine has some slight damage and stretching from surgeries so my right leg and foot will fall asleep faster than other people's when they lay for too long on that side but it normally would take hours for it to do that and because having body parts fall asleep is one of those things I truly hate I figured out early in my life that from how my hips are and everything if I laid on my right side, which of course is my favorite side to lay on, but rolled more so I was still on my right side but more on the front of my pelvis or stomach not only would my sciatic be happy but for me it's one of the most comfortable positions to sleep in!
I even figured out how to do it without causing any pain or damage after having surgeries on my right side! Yep I'm a stubborn Rockstar as my sister once told me after having this conversation years ago!
But now that I'm pregnant and Little Miss sets the rules when it comes to how I sleep she not on board with my favorite sleeping position! Honestly I don't blame her because it can get a little to much on the stomach area so I have just had to deal with laying on my right side normally.
Now this is also Little Miss's favorite side to be on as well so...........
Little Miss + the placenta that's on that side + a growing uterus + hip muscles + scar tissue + pelvis + hip stretching = Fun sciatic pain that runs from my lower back and down my leg and then causes the WORSE leg and foot falling asleep feeling ever! Most of the time this happens at night and I sleep through the pain but I wake up within minutes of the feeling of tiny pin picks and tingles rushing down my leg and toes! Luckily once I roll to the other side or get up to use the bathroom the sleeping feeling is gone and it's all good again for me to lay down, fall asleep, and do it all over again! Hahahaha!
I know this may sound horrible but I'm thankful for every ache, pain, and yuckiness I have and have to go through for Our Little Miss. Because even now before she is even more I know without any doubt that I would go through this all again but a million times worse to have our healthy little girl at the end of it! For that it's worth every bit of every I've been through and will go through!




No comments:
Post a Comment