Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Bedtime Stories and Lullabies!

Now that I'm 20 weeks I started a new routine that I hope to continue after Little Miss Truex gets here!

On Friday I started reading a couple of books out loud to my stomach nightly. We read the books that I've gotten from the Dr. Seuss book club or some of Ron and my favorites from where we were little.

Also after reading I will play the lullaby "Baby Mine" to my belly a couple of times in a row for her to hear. 

Why you may ask am I doing this?

Well around 20 weeks the baby is able to not only hear mommy but to hear other voices and noises outside of the stomach and also reading info and talking to other mommies I have found that their is some great benefits to doing this!

1. Baby will recognize your voice or others that talk/read/sing to your belly even more than other noises.
2. After the baby is born she will be more likely to calm down to the songs they heard the most during their time inside your tummy.
3. Also after they are born when it comes time to read they will calm down faster to listen and pay attention and enjoy reading/listening to being read too.
4. Baby will recognize the books and can learn to read those stories faster.
5. And lastly it's just a great way to bond with your unborn baby, which honestly what is better than that!

Right now Little Miss loves it! She gets excited and kicks more during the stories and grooves steadily to the tune of the music until I'm pretty sure she falls asleep, which doesn't last too long before she is up being her active self again!

It will be fun to see how she will react to the stories and songs after her birth! 

No comments:

Post a Comment