Yep it's Thursday which means that it's time for my weekly OB appointment!
I honestly hope all the Little Truexs that come after Little Miss don't earn mommy the "joy" of having an OB appointment every week through the entire pregnancy! But it has been nice to get to hear her every week and sometimes get to see her!
So now on with today's appointment highlights!
*I lost one pound! Yeah not the way I'm suppose to be going! But I had some "potty" issues the past week so he honestly thinks that could be part of the problem. Luckily I told him what I've been doing for the issues and he liked the set up moved one or two things around and added another thing that hopefully will help with that issue since the "potty" issue can make me feel too full which makes it hard for me to gain weight!
*Still getting a check of wonderfulness for my hips, cervix, and uterus!
*The doctor is still happy with how I'm growing even though the round ligament pain can honestly suck!
*I got the okay on the infection front! But I will still have to be on the antibiotics until Little Miss arrives!
*While feeling my stomach/uterus from the outside he noticed that I'm already getting Braxton Hicks contractions. He isn't concerned about this since I told him I only notice them every so often. He said if I have more than normal in a day I need to increase my water intake and lay on my side to help.
*The Little Munchkin is happy and active! She kept moving around from the Doppler and then would get real still before attacking the area that the Doppler was at! Her heart beat is strong at 150 BPM and she feels just at the right size!
*At the start of my appointment I had my labs draw and by the end of the appointment I was told that I was very anemic! So he sent me over to OB Triage to get two liters of blood, some fluids, and do an ultrasound around my kidneys to make sure the infections hadn't caused a fluid build up or anything like that.
I understood the importance of me going but I honestly didn't want to spend my day like that but I headed over to OB Triage and within minutes of me checking in I was in a triage room, in a gown, hooked up to the machine for reading contractions and baby's heartbeat, given them urine, and was waiting for the Anesthesiologist to come in, draw labs, and put an IV in since I needed a bigger gauge needle to get blood and they remembered from the last time that I was a hard stick.
Within 30 minutes I was all hooked up to everything, laughing at how Little Miss was not happy that two bands were invading the outer area of her space! She would kick and move a lot around were the monitors were and then stop for a while before trying again! I can only image what she was thinking as a plan of attack during the times she held still, and was welcoming in the ultrasound tech who had come in to do my ultrasound!
The ultrasound showed a small pocket of fluid that they were going to have to drain. Again not something on my to do list today I because I'm used to how long things can take in the ER or other floors in the hospital I figured I would be there for at least two or three more hours! Nope within fifteen minutes of the doctor telling me the results, what their plan was, and how they were going to do it; they were back in to have me sign the consult and move me into the room they were going to have to do the draining.
Now the pocket was pretty deep so they couldn't just numb the area up like I would have done when my hip was infected or had pockets of fluid. They knew it would be much too painful and cause unneeded stress for me and Little Miss. So they numbed the area with a freezy spray and lidocaine, then I was given something for the pain, nausea, and something that is safe for the baby but made me all sorts of loopy! No joke it made me more loopy than any other med I have gotten! Well at least any med in a long time since I know some meds they gave me before surgery can make me loopier than Fruit Loops!
It took them like thirty or forty-five minutes to do the draining but honestly I was so loopy, dosing in and out, and joking with my nurse who was bored with me as her only patient so she tagged along for the draining that it felt like I was done in five minutes! I even told the doctor "Whoa Speed Racer! That was fast!"
Then I was taken back to my room where I was watched for another hour or so and got the rest of my blood before getting the all clear to go home!
So as you can guess last night was a lazy, early to bed night, pizza for dinner night! But Little Miss was still as active as ever which I always love!
Hopefully next week's update won't be as adventurous!


No comments:
Post a Comment