Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 5, 2013

19 Week OB Appointment!

 Once again it's time for the update on yesterday's 19 week OB appointment!

Hopefully I will only have 21 more of these! But I won't lie I hope it's more like 38 or 39 more since I'll be having a c-section!

Before I get on with my update I have to share a CRAZY experience I had in the waiting room while I was waiting to get called back to see the doctor!

I walked in, signed in, and turned around to have a set only to find a good friend I made from physical therapy when I got my hip replaced was right behind me waiting to sign in!

Her name in Sarah and she doesn't get on Facebook often, in her words maybe twice a year, so neither of us knew the other was pregnant! She is a year younger than me, has the same hip condition I do but only on the left side, has her left hip totally replaced, this is her second baby, she sees the same doctor I do but was seeing an NP for this visit because she also spent her weekend in OB Triage for a kidney stone, she is having another girl, and is due two days after me!

I know what a small world right! We were so excited to see each other and since both my doctor and the NP she was seeing was running about 30 minutes behind we were happy to have some extra time to chat!

So she signed in and we sat on one side of the room away from other patients to be polite. Their was a very pregnant women behind Sarah in her late 30's who signed in and came and sat about five chairs away from us. 

Sarah and I happily and quietly chatted and caught up! She told me how her husband finally decided what he was going to go to school for and in is his second year, how much bigger and beautiful her daughter, Robin had gotten, and how work was going for her. I caught her up on my last year or so of married life, what Ron and I are up too, and how I'm planning on going back to school and what for. 

Then we got on to the baby talk! She told me how this little girl will be named Ivy, because her husband and her are huge Batman fans and so their oldest is named Robin for obviously Batman's sidekick Robin and Poison Ivy is her favorite villain (yes she is a villain lover like me!) so this little one will be named Ivy, how they suffered four losses before getting pregnant this time around, how active the baby was plans for the nursery, and all that fun baby talk jazz that us mommies like to talk about. After I shared similar information besides the baby names we have picked out because those are locked away tighter than Fort Knox until Little Miss arrives, she asked me if I had decided what delivery options I was going to go with. 

I know this is a question that bothers many women when they are asked during pregnancy but maybe it's because I'm either such a laid back person or I'm beyond okay and come to terms that a natural delivery is not an option for me that I don't mind telling people. Also I feel that I've made the best and safest choice for my baby and myself with the help and guidance of not only my OB but my Ortho doctor. 

I told Sarah my plan and out of habit the reason behind my choice which she agreed it was best and was also having a c-section since she delivered Robin naturally before her hip replacement and ended up dislocating her hip in the process. 

During this time we knew we were talking pretty low since we were in a waiting room but the older women had been listening to our entire conversation and upon hearing that we both were having c-sections and perfectly okay with it sat her off! She got up and quickly stood in front of us like a teacher looking down at two girls passing notes in school!

She than began yelling, yes yelling, at both of us about how horrible of mothers we already were for denying our babies the right to be born the natural and right way! She said we were nothing but selfish brats who just want a designer delivery and to go in, get cut open, and get our babies at the same time we are saving our bodies and "playgrounds" for her husbands who probably pushed us more into having c-sections because they are just as selfish! Yes she actually said that!

The waiting room was stone silent besides for the toddler age little girl crying in her mom's lap because she was probably freaked out, which I don't blame her! The staff hurried and called security and came out to try to calm her down as she continued to yell at us about how she had a natural delivery with her other five children and plan on doing that with the one she is carrying and any others that come after and how no medical opinion will change that no matter what is going on with her health wise! 

Sarah started crying almost instantly and I was beyond shocked that honestly I was left speechless for a bit! But as she continued I somehow was able to control the crazy inner Larson/Adams/Hunt/Hatch gene (yes we all know how to get all up in someone's face when we need to and this was a moment where that gene was far more than ready and willing to come out to play!) and say well I'm sorry you feel this way but I feel it's necessary from the stand point of my body at this time in my life and the safest for mostly the baby above all to delivery this way because her safety and health is always my number one concern.

Yes I know this lady didn't even need any explanation or really deserved one for that matter but I was trying to be the bigger person and comfort my sobbing friend who just doesn't do well with confrontation. This lady continued on and on ignoring staff and getting worse and worse with her insults until security came and took her out of the office with a round of applause by the shocked witnesses one of their comments of how bad this mother will feel when her baby dies because she didn't allow a needed c-section. 

As soon as she was gone the staff got us back to check on us and our little girls and told us over and over again how sorry they were and how this lady will be released from the practice due to this.

So it wasn't the way I was expecting to wait for my appointment but Sarah and her Little Ivy are fine and we have each other's e-mails now to keep more in touch! And we both still feel and believe 100% that we are making the right choice on how to get our little girls here, even if some people strongly disagree!

Now that I've made you read my long and crazy story I will give you all the updates from this week's OB appointment!

*I still haven't gained or lost anymore weight but I know soon this will have to change to be more on the gaining department!

*Got a fabulous check when it came to my cervix, uterus, and hip support!

*The doctor is still happy with my growing and round ligament pain even though it's starting to effect my back a little more which isn't that much fun!

*My infection is clearing up nicely and the antibiotics are working great.

*Since sleeping has been a little hard the past two weeks they think that could be effecting my weight gain so I was written something to help me get my body trained to go back to sleeping normal or mostly normal.

*The Little Munchkin is still happy and active with a heart beat of 151 BPM!

*Also I had to go have a repeat anatomy ultrasound afterwards because of how folded Little Miss was for the first one they wanted to double check the measurements!

Here are the pictures from this ultrasound!


This time she was more cooperative, not entirely but better than last week! We were able to get two 4D pictures of her cute face! 




Before she was done with that and put her hands in front of her face!




In case their was any doubt she is still very much a girl!


This was the last picture at the end of the ultrasound! She is sucking her thumb!! Isn't that the cutest!

The measurements came out just fine and she is still about 9oz and just right for me being at 19 weeks! 

And with that this ends this week's OB update! But like I said from the beginning I could have 21 more of these left so keep coming back to check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment