Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Not The Weekend I Was Planning On!

So here is a little story of my not planned and not fun pass weekend! And sorry a head of time for the TMI that I may share.

Last week if you remember I reported that I had a bladder infection that turned into a kidney infection which just those themselves suck!

That was on Wednesday and I went home on some antibiotics but after 24 hours and four doses of my antibiotic I was still running fevers, in some more pain, and even though I was drinking 64+ ounces of fluids the amount of pee I was peeing was starting to decrease. Not by too much but enough to notice.

I call my doctor on Friday morning when the office opened and told him what was going on and he wanted to see me that morning. 

So I headed to his office and he checked me and the baby out. The baby was happy and grooving like normal but he even told me that he thought I looked worse.

He decided to draw some labs and send me for a start ultrasound of my bladder, kidney, intestines, and my other upper abdomen organs to see if that would give a clue to what was going on.

After being in Scottsdale all day he decided to send me home with a new antibiotic and gave me strict orders to drink, drink, and drink a ton of fluids and to let him know if anything got worse or if I was still running fevers by the next day. 

Friday evening and night I ran a low grade fever but nothing too bad and my pain was pretty much the same but I continued with the fluids, rest, and taking my antibiotics. 

Around 11:30 pm I got up to use the bathroom and barely peed maybe 2 ounces which was very sad because by this point I had already drank over 32 ounces of fluids.

Shortly after this I started to feel a lot more nauseous, may pain started to get a lot worse, and my fever slowly started to come back.

After a rocky night of pain, fever, throwing up, and lack of peeing I got up around 7:30 or 8 am to start my day, which first started out with me sitting on the toilet for over 15 minutes praying to the pee Gods that I would have the urge to pee and at least go a little bit! But once my feet started to go numb from sitting there and I had more no progress whatsoever I got off and went to start my massive amount of liquid intake!

About an hour or so later I started running a fever of 102.6 which for pregnant women is no good! After taking some Tylenol and giving it another go with no luck on the toilet again I called and had my doctor, who was on call this pass weekend, paged. 

He wonderfully called me back within 10 minutes and I told me that I needed to go into the ER for fluids, labs, and a MRI.

So Ron and I headed up to the ER and my doctor called ahead to tell the ER doctor I was coming, what things he had already done, and what things he would like done. 

Sadly when we got to the ER we came right after four ambulances had come in and dropped off some very sick and hurt patients so it took over an hour of waiting in the waiting room before we were able to get back and get everything started. 

By this time I was in a whole new state of nausea and pain and it had been almost 15 hours since I last peed and I didn't even have the urge to go at all. 

After an IV, labs, MRI, 2 doses each of nausea and pain meds, 3 liters of fluids, and a foley cath my doctor decided that I needed to be admitted for at least the night to try to get things under control.

An hour later I was up in my room, had IV antibiotics started, my foley cath removed in hopes it would have jump started my bladder, pain and nausea better under control, and comfortable enough to try to get some rest. 

That night was okay which some mild amount of sleeping, three bouts of throwing up, two doses of meds, two antibiotic doses, 32 ounces of water drank, a tiny urge to pee, only 7 ounces of pee out, and one new IV after my first one went bad.

But that morning everything started to get better. I had had two doses for the antibiotics, my fevers had broke, my urge to pee was back, and I was able to go more than an ounce at a time!

My doctor came by around 3 pm that night and was comfortable to send me home as long as Ron and I was comfortable with it and to continue with antibiotics, rest, and fluids at home. 

We both felt comfortable so within an hour we were packed up, signed out, and heading on our way home! 

So long story short!


Infection in the bladder (seen above in cute plush form!)

Led to an infection in................


My kidney (again seen in cute plush form above)

Which lead to.............


this,


this


and a lot of these!

Now two days later things are doing a lot better and I feel worlds better!

The baby is doing great and I go and see my doctor again tomorrow for a follow up!

No comments:

Post a Comment