Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

10 Week Appointment!

I'm being watched closed through my first trimester and maybe through my entire pregnancy because of pass issues so I figured I probably should give little updates about my appointments so in the future when I print this blog out into book form for myself or kids I have that fun info in there! Plus how can it be a pregnancy journey blog without appointment updates!

Yesterday I had another appointment with my OB and everything is looking fabulous! 

My due date is still on track for January 24th!

My uterus is just the right size for ten weeks and 4 days! Sorry I know TMI but this is a pregnancy blog after all so you've got to give the uterus it's due!

My weight gain is actually lacking because I've lost two pounds but they say that could be because of my slight morning sickness, bathroom issues, and I could have honestly just been retaining water the last time they took my weight. Of course I was ensured this is common for the first trimester and that I would make it up in the second trimester. 

We talked once again about my hips, how they are feeling, and the possibility of having a c-section. Even though I have this major gut feeling that a regular delivery is out they still want to wait until I'm further along to see how I'm doing and feeling before putting anything is stone. They know in the end all we want is a safe and healthy delivery and a healthy and safe baby! Plus I've written out normal deliveries for my children since I was a teenager just in case I really couldn't have normal deliveries so the news wouldn't bother me. Don't get me wrong I would love to experience labor and a normal delivery but I know sometimes that's not in the cards and I'm perfectly fine with that!

They didn't do an ultrasound this visit which I won't lie made me a little sad but I got to hear the baby's heart beat with the Doppler! Of course since this is Ron and my offspring the baby was laying facing my back so they had to push in hard and deep and find the heart beat since I'm only 10 weeks and the baby is only a couple of inches right now. But we were able to find it and it was a most glorious sound of 160 BMP! 

As I said earlier I'm being watched close so I go back next Monday for my 11 week appointment so stay tuned for that update plus the exciting round of ultrasounds coming up over the next few weeks !

No comments:

Post a Comment