It's no secret that I LOVE pineapple!
I'm pretty sure love doesn't fully describe how I feel about this glorious fruit of the Gods!
During my first trimester pineapple helped on my rare nausea days and has satisfied many a fruit cravings!
But no more can it do that!
The other day I had a glass of glorious pineapple juice and then within an hour started having major and close together contractions! I sat back and thought to myself what did I do to make this happen! It was a nice and quiet day at home where I watched Netflix with my feet up and did some research on breast pumps. Luckily when the contractions first started I guzzled about ten gallons of water and laid down on my left side and after a bit they stopped. I figured it was just one of those things that happens every so often at the end of pregnancy and maybe I was a bit dehydrated and wrote it off.
Well a couple days later I was eating two rolls that Echo had made using the pineapple juice and within an hour the same thing happened! This time I figured it was because I had been a little more active that day then I should have been and probably hadn't drank enough water so I took a shower to relax, chugged another ten gallons of water, and laid on my side again and in a little bit they were gone. Again I wrote it off as over doing it that day and not having enough water.
Then that Saturday Ron and I went to Organstop Pizza and we got a Hawaiian pizza because it sounded freaking amazing! Once again about an hour later on the way home I started the strong contraction pattern again! This time I was like what the heck! I've done completely nothing today, which honestly I had done nothing but watch Netflix in our room while visiting with Ron and I had almost emptied the half full five gallon water jug on the dispenser. So I had no reason to be contracting! Once we get home I finish off the maybe 10 ounces left in the water jug plus another three or so glasses and lay down on my side again. But this time I go to my this awesome pregnant mommies of 2014 group I'm in on Facebook and tell them about this all and ask what they think.
Within minutes they asked if I had eaten or drank something similar on all those days and then a couple mommies added to it asking if I had, had anything with pineapple. At that point the dots connected and I Googled pineapple at the end of pregnancy and sure enough in some women during the third trimester pineapple can induce labor and ripen the cervix!
My sister in law was shocked by the findings since she ate pineapple like a week before she had her babies and nothing happened but it must be because I love it so much that my body would take my favorite and most tasty fruit as a way to induce labor!
So now either until Little Miss gets here or it's time to evict her this mommy will have to sadly pass on the pineapple! But don't worry my tropical love, we will be together again, I promise!
Hahahaha!



No comments:
Post a Comment