Well Sunday Little Miss was giving us a run for our money and trying to make her big debut before Christmas and her 36 week earliest approved time to make her debut!
I start contracting, pretty hard and regular around 11:30 am and even after laying down and drinking like a fish for a few hours I was only able to spread them out to longer in between intervals.
Finally around 3:30 pm I was done with trying all the home remedies and the contractions were getting stronger and closer together so I paged my doctor and he said to come on in to get checked out.
Earlier on that day as I was contracting I figured it was time to put somewhat of a bag together for myself for the hospital not fully having everything I needed for it yet but knowing I had enough to make work for what I was still lacking. I also threw in some things of Ron's and got the camera, charger, Little Miss's bag, Boppy, and all that fun jazz ready to go just in case.
So by 4:30 pm we were at the hospital, hooked up, and had been checked. Luckily I have no change in that area which was great but I was definitely contracting pretty hard and in a regular pattern.
We had an awesome nurse that said they have seen women come in every other day in pre-term labor before hitting 35 weeks and they stop it as long as the baby isn't in distress and the women's body will let them stop it. Hopefully I don't have to do that but it was nice to have a nurse explain that and not make me feel like I was crazy for contracting early and coming in!
She called the doctor and they gave me a shot of Trebuline to hopefully stop my contractions but instead it only made my heart raise elevate, made me get all shaky, and cause my contractions to get closer together! So instead they decided to try to relax my system and see if that would help. So they gave me this huge shot of Morphine which made me unbelievably nauseous and sleepy! But it did the trick! My contractions first got further apart and then got less and less intense until I was just have small ones that I didn't even feel every so often.
After watching me for awhile the doctor was okay with sending me home! Yay! They gave me something to help me sleep that night and my doctor had the nurse call in a prescription for a muscle relaxer that they give to pregnant women to help stop labor that we had to pick up that night so I could take my first dose. I have to take it now every six hours for twelve days or until Friday at least. Hopefully this will keep the pre-term labor at bay so Little Miss can bake longer!
The baby did wonderful through all of this besides hating having the monitor bands covering her belly area! And the nurse even commented at how low she was and how she was shocked by it. Little Miss wasn't too happy about her head being touched while I was being checked but she did fine otherwise.
But the funniest thing about this was some of my contractions. Until they got them under control most were reading in the 10's to 12's on the monitor, so really hard! But I had a couple that were in the 7's to 9's and every one I had like that looked like this on the monitor!
It would peak, lower a bit, peak again, and then go down. These were my Batman contractions and he did not approve of them! Hahahaha! As soon as the Batman helmet design was made the contraction stopped!
Of course I would try to find something to get a laugh out of this matter because that's just the way I am and Ron got a kick out of it as well.
So for now Little Miss is doing great, contractions except for some moderate ones a couple times a days have gotten better, and I'm at home doing a lot of resting and drinking a ton of water to make sure I continue to stay hydrated!
Also to be on the safe side I will be doing nothing this week! Not going anywhere or doing anything that may be to much and set me back into labor!
I'm really glad that I had all my Christmas shopping done by late November and early December so I don't have to worry about that and can just focus on keeping the oven going and Little Miss baking! Hopefully I will be able to do it past Friday and until at least the first!



No comments:
Post a Comment