Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Knee Problems!

I knew that as I got closer to the end of my pregnancy and as my hips stretched and the weight of Little Miss got bigger and heavier on them that I could start to develop horrible hip pain, problems walking, and other issues with my hip stability.

Knowing this I have taken extra caution and paid extra attention to my hips. I slowly get up, walk at a slower pace on purpose, give in more to comfortable ways to walk even if it means I have a wicked pregnancy waddle, rest a lot, try not to lift anything heavy, and so much more.

Right now at 33 weeks my hips are doing AMAZING! Even with Little Miss being slightly bigger than her gestation age and my pelvis being smaller they are holding up like this is nothing! I can't even begin to say how truly happy, thrilled, and blessed I feel by this!

But just because my hips are playing by the rules doesn't mean my other joints are and over the last couple weeks my right knee and I have not been seeing eye to eye! 

First off I will give my knees credit, they have taken a lot of abuse over the past 28 years! Not only have they dealt with the regular wear and tear of every day life but they have taken a beating through sports and have given extra support for my hips after hip surgery which honestly they could be doing now!

But since about 30 weeks my right knee has decided that some days it just wants to tell the world where to go and be an issue, mainly by giving out on me and locking up. Which in case you are wondering feels pretty much like a big bag of not awesomeness!


But as I have done with my hips I'm now listening to what my knees are saying and I'm trying to treat them the same way I've been treating my hips. So when I feel that they are getting tired I sit or lay down, elevate them, use some ice or heat, and if I'm going anywhere that requires more that a couple of minutes of walking I pull out my handy dandy ACE wrap and wrap that bad boy up! Since doing this my knee has done better but like anything it still has it's days. I just hope that things will get better or stay the same with them while we wait out this final weeks of pregnancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment