Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Pregnancy Milestones!

Every women have milestones while they we pregnant and of course I'm no different with that!

But some of my milestones are a little different then what other women's may be, which I decided to share with you what my pregnancy milestones are and why!

So I bring to you my.................



5-6 weeks: Normally this is where most women are starting to expect or find out their are pregnant, but Ron and I found out at 3 weeks when I was getting some routine labs done. This is a milestone for me because even though I knew I was pregnant and I had seen the results and report on baby I honestly couldn't believe it! So it took until I got to 5 or 6 weeks and the lack of mother nature to show up before I would let myself start to believe it!

7 weeks: Since we found out early I knew that I would have to wait a slow and dragged out four weeks until I could see my doctor when I was 7 weeks and actually get real evidence that something was growing and developing inside of me! Plus I also got to see and hear the baby's heart beat!

12 weeks: This is big and typical milestone for most pregnant women, the end of the first trimester and start of the second! For me since I didn't have many typical pregnancy symptoms in the first trimester I didn't mind the my first trimester but it was more of a milestone for me as well as other women because at this point you are, for the most part, out of the high risk time where most pregnancies that aren't viable are natural aborted by the women's body. Because of our pass losses this was a big milestone for us!

18 weeks: This is a milestone that after a few issues and hospital visits for my kidneys infections that Ron and I are excited to be at! At 18 weeks the hospital I will be having the baby at take pregnant women right up to OB triage when they come into the ER. This makes us breathe a sigh of relief because even though we hope not to have to go there it will be nice to be just in an area with doctors, nurses, and other staff that are trained and focus on taking care of pregnant women and newborns. Not that I don't trust the doctors, nurses, and staff in the regular ER at this hospital because they have gave me great care but it would make us feel better to be up there in terms of the baby.

20 weeks: Again this is another typical one for all pregnant women. At 20 weeks this makes the half way point of the pregnancy!

24-26 weeks: Yet again this is another typical milestone for pregnant women because at this point if the baby decided they want to make their big debut they have a higher challenges of surviving with a lot of medical care and help! Of course it will be nice to get to this point but I would rather the Little Munchkin had out for 10 or so more weeks after this point!

28 weeks: This week will mark the start of the third and last trimester so I'm sure you know why this is a milestone for myself as well as other pregnant women!

32 weeks: This is another milestone where if the baby decided to make their appearance they have almost a 100% survival rate with medical help but not as much if they were born eight week earlier!

36 weeks: For a lot of doctors now they consider this full term so the baby could come and for the most part and most of the time be perfectly fine and go home with mommy a day or so after delivery!

40 weeks: This marks the end of your pregnancy even though some pregnant women go until 42 weeks. I know my doctor won't let me go pass this if haven't planned the c-section at 38 or 39 weeks. Of course this is the mother of all milestones and the one that not only all pregnant women look forward to but also all the daddies and love ones around them as well!

So those are my pregnancy milestones and right now I'm a little under half way through them and can't wait as I continue and mark more and more off my list! 

No comments:

Post a Comment