I've always known that my hips may keep me from being able to naturally give birth and so when we decided that it would be safer for me to have a c-section I was completely fine and at peace with it.
But the way they were treating how to handle it at times made me feel like I was the first women ever in the history of the world to be pregnant and have to give birth with hip dysplacia and bilateral hip replacements! My hip doctor doesn't do a lot of replacements on younger, child bearing age patients and I'm one of his first to be going through this. As for my OB I am his first hip replacement patient but I have full confidence in him.
When I first got pregnant I got on the internet and started reading up or trying to find and read up on pregnancy with hip dysplacia and hip replacements. My search got me a lot of.......................
NOTHING!
I could find very little expect or other advice on the subject and honestly it was very discouraging!
But finally I decided to look up threads and forums from other mommies on different pregnancy websites as a last ditch effort and I found................
This glorious link from other mommies!
Even though I'm still planning on having a c-section both for my safety and for the baby's safety it's still nice to know and read about other mommies out there that are in the same or close to the same boat as I'm in and read about how things worked out for them!
I finally don't feel like I'm the only one out there which is glorious!


No comments:
Post a Comment