Yep it's that time of week for my weekly OB appointment update!
So let's just get right on to the highlights from yesterdays appointment!
*That one pound I gained last week vanished sometime in the last week to make me back to the weight I was two weeks ago! Honestly I'm eating and even pigging out some days so where it goes I have no idea! Luckily my doctor is still okay with this because I'm maintaining and haven't lost a huge amount of weight at one time or at all during my pregnancy, but he would like to see the maintaining slow down and more of the gaining to start up since right now pretty much all of my cute baby bump is just baby, sac, placenta, and uterus!
*My kidney infection is starting to come back which I was surprised about because I haven't had any symptoms but I'm on antibiotics that I will most likely be on through the rest of my pregnancy to keep everything clear and good and I've increased my fluid intake even more to help!
*Cervix and uterus is still fabulous!
*Hips are also still fabulous!
*Even though it's not that fun for me at times the doctor is happy with my round ligament pain and the fact that it means my body is doing what it's suppose to do and stretching for the Little Munchkin. And don't get me wrong I'm happy my body is stretching and doing all that it needs and is suppose to be doing too!
*And lastly the Little Munchkin is doing wonderful! Still grooving and moving around in there like crazy and loving their new found play toy of mommy's bladder which in case you are wondering is even funnier to play with when it's fuller! The baby was laying at a weird angle so it was hard to pick up a heart beat so he did an ultrasound to check the Little Munchkin out. But don't get too excited now! While yes the baby is perfect and fine with a heart beat of 151 BPM it was also very comfortable in this one spot with their legs tucked up under their bottom and their little feet sticking out the back tapping along almost like they were keeping the beat of a song. It's was beyond cute but of course the baby wasn't in the mood for paparazzi today so the Little Munchkin still in the tucked up leg position was still moving around enough that the doctor couldn't even get a good picture to send me home with. But trust me, it was adorable! We figure the baby has heard us say over and over again we find out at the end of the month AKA next week and has decided that until that date and time it's going to remain a tightly guarded secret! Which I'm fine with but come next week the Little Munchkin will hopefully play by the rules because this mommy doesn't know how much longer she can wait!!
Also today I was told that if things continue to go well and we end with a beautiful, happy, and healthy baby I may not have to come in and see him weekly for my next pregnancy! I'm hoping so much for that right now because knowing you are high risk and being treated as a high risk patient can be a bit nerve racking! I try not to think about it as much as I can but when you are driving to Scottsdale once a week you can't help but ponder that fact on the way there.
And he told me at around 24 weeks we will officially plan and schedule the C-Section time, date, and details! I was shocked that they do it so early but then again I understand that would put it being scheduled out 14 to 16 weeks before my due date which actually in fact isn't that far off or that long out to plan! I mean I've had hip surgeries planned out further out than that! I think it was just more shocking to me that I'm really that close to actually be planning the day I will give birth to my baby, even though I know that could change for many different reasons, but I know that time could just go that much faster after scheduling it because we will know the date and have the true official day to count down too! It's just strange but exciting to think I'm already close to that planning point!
So once again there is my fabulous weekly OB update to go with all the fun and fabulous weekly updates I have on here for you all to enjoy! But I promise I have more fun and different posts to add for this adventure to go with those updates so keep checking back!!


No comments:
Post a Comment