Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Bubbles, flutters, and butterflies!

Every women waits for many milestones while they are pregnant.

But one of the biggest one is feeling that little baby move and kick inside you!

Well finally I have reached that milestone!

Actually I've been feeling it for a little over a week but I wanted to make sure it was really the Munchkin and not just gas, hahahaha!

So here is the story of how, when, and where I first felt Our Little Munchkin. 

I was sitting on the couch one afternoon, drinking water, and doing some work on my laptop. When all of a sudden I felt these little bubble like things going on in my lower abdomen. 
I'm a pretty regular and not gassy person and still have been that way so far with my pregnancy so I knew that this wasn't gas but because I had just ate some fruit I wondered if this was the baby.
I decided to wait and see what happens as these bubble type feelings continued on only one side of my lower abdomen for a good amount of time.
Then my bladder demanded to be emptied for the millionth time that day so I got up and by the time I got to the bathroom the bubbles were gone.
I once again wondered if those bubbles were the baby because they move more when you are still because the walking motions of pregnant women put the babies to sleep. 

Later that evening after dinner and we were sitting on the couch watching TV I got the bubbles and this time flutters again. They started on one side of my lower abdomen, then stopped, and were soon on the other side. I was almost sure at this point that this was the baby, but I wanted to wait a little bit more and see if it happened again, proving a pattern. 

So that night as I was laying in bed reading right after eating some grapes the bubbles and flutters started up again and this was enough proof of a pattern for me to know that these feelings where the baby moving! I was thrilled and excited and happily told Ron! But I was wishing he was able to feel it but I knew that was still some time off.

But it was very, very exciting!


Of course it's not as impressive as the foot work in the picture above but I'm sure in time they will get that way! Right now it feels just like bubbles, flutters, and butterflies!

The Little Munchkin is very active, especially at night, when I'm in the shower, when I sing, or if I have eaten something sweet!

I love to lay very still at night before I fall asleep and feel the baby groove around before blissfully falling asleep to the sounds of Ron sleeping and our baby moving!

Speaking of Ron the baby loves him! I'm not sure if the Little Munchkin can hear his voice or feel the vibes from his voice or if it's just his very warm hand but he can tap his fingers or put his hand on the lower part of my stomach and the baby is right there dancing away under this fingers or hand. He really likes to do when the Little Munchkin is still or sleeping or when this mommy is sleeping so the baby will get going. Right now it doesn't wake me up but I'm sure when the Little Munchkin gets stronger he will love to do that even more!

I honestly can't even begin to explain how amazing this feeling is and honestly what a relief it can be when I'm having a bad, sick, or off day. It's wonderful to feel the miracle of life moving, grooving, and dancing inside of me and how much it makes me love Ron even more for helping me create our beautiful miracle of life inside of me! It also makes me thank our Father in Heaven even more for giving me this miracle and wonderful experience. I'm blessed more than I can express!

I can't wait for the baby to get stronger so Ron and others can feel the movements and to see how the Little Munchkin will react to people touching or talking to my tummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment