Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

The 3 Stages!

Of course you all know that each pregnancy has three trimesters but did you know that they are also three unique stages as well?

Of course when I read this I knew it needed to go on our baby blog!

They are called the "Dreamy, Cheery, and Weary" stages

So here are the................


*The first trimester is called the "Dreamy" stage!*

During those first 12 to 13 weeks (depending on when your doctor considers the end of the first trimester) minus those pesky and horrible pregnancy symptoms most mothers and even fathers are in that shocked, excited, and dreamy stage. They are still getting used to or have just gotten used to the idea of becoming parents or adding another little one to the family. Each day is filled with daydreams of that precious little one growing inside of mommy and all the excitement that comes with it. I know for myself even though this is our second baby and I just did this pregnancy game last year I'm still excited and read up every day or week on what the Little Bean is doing and how they are growing and developing! And I have to be honest and say I do a lot of daydreaming right now of our Little Bean and Rondalynn becoming a big sister and all the fun that the future holds with two little ones! It doesn't matter if this is your first or your fifth baby you can't escape the daydreams and excitement of the "dreamy" stage!

*The second trimester is called the "Cheery" stage!*

During week 13/14 to week 27 is the most exciting and comfortable time of pregnancy making it the most loved trimester! Also once you reach the second trimester your chances for miscarriage are drastically lower making many women breathe a great sigh of relief! For most women those first trimester symptoms has lessen or gone away completely allowing them to feel worlds better and back to their normal human self! The mother's body is changing and the baby grows so very quickly into the second trimester you start to look pregnant and don't fall in the awkward "Is she pregnant or just fat" stage. Since the baby is still light in size and growing the mother feels comfortable most of the time and this is also the time that you finally get to feel those wonderful and precious baby movements! Since the baby is still small those movements are very enjoyable and for the most part don't hurt or feel like jabs in your organs and sides. And the big thing is this is the time for the mid pregnancy ultrasound and if you want to know you get to find out if you need to stock up on pink items or blue items! I love the second trimester! I breathe easier with each passing week and for me it's the funniest trimester! All the fun things happen in this trimester! Finding out the sex, starting the baby registry, looking pregnant, feeling baby move, others being able to feel baby move, starting to plan the baby shower, and so much more! 

*The third trimester is called the "Weary" stage!*

From week 28 to delivery day can be the most uncomfortable and longest part of the entire pregnancy! Even though a lot of fun things happen in the third trimester it is still very much considered the least favorite trimester for both mothers and fathers! As that cute baby bump grows so does the discomfort and the baby gets bigger and takes up more room inside everything becomes crammed! Most women feel like their organs especially their lungs are in their throat and it doesn't help that those cute baby feet or head are almost always in your rib cage! Those sweet baby movements become boxing matches and women swear their babies are going to bust right through. Because everything is crammed it causes other pregnancy discomforts like constipation, having to pee all the time again, and hell fire heartburn! Then to add on top of it mommy is super hot all the time and most women will start swelling in their hands and feet at some point before they deliver! Since mommy is uncomfortable daddy or other family members get to hear about it which makes it not fun for everyone and by the end most daddies or partners are praying just as hard as mommy for the baby to come! I was lucky with Rondalynn and I hope to have the same thing with Little Bean but my third trimester wasn't too bad until the last two or so weeks. Even though Rondalynn had her head so low in my pelvis from 32 weeks on that I thought she was going to fall out if I sneezed and the doctor was shocked and worried that if my water broke she would be crowing in no time, I didn't get truly uncomfortable until around 34 weeks. Then because I didn't get that big with her pregnancy and she had no room in there I was uncomfortable 100% of the time. I tried to stay positive and not complain a lot but I know every so often I did, especially when I would hit a bump in the road while driving and her head would make my pelvis scream in pain! But in the end every mommy looks back and would go through it all again and so much more because when you see that precious face and hear that beautiful cry for the first time you would do anything for them!

Like I said I thought it was a fun article and way to think about pregnancy! It also is very true an all mommies can agree with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment