Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 10, 2014

13 Weeks and Start of the 2nd Trimester!

Hello Second Trimester!!

Yep we are now not only in week 13 but also this is the first week of the 2nd trimester!! At least my doctor considers this the start of the 2nd trimester. Some doctors say it starts with week 14 but I like my doctors way of thinking! Hahaha!

I love the 2nd trimester! It's just the trimester you feel the best and lets you breath a little easier that everything will go okay and you will get a healthy baby in the end!

So let's see what the Little Bean is up to this first week of trimester 2!


* The Little Bean is between 2 and 1/2 and 3 inches or the size of a medium size gold fish and weighs about one ounce!

* The those little lips and nose are already completely formed!

* That adorable face is already showing individual characteristics!

* The Little Bean is beginning to produce and excrete urine that goes right back into the amniotic fluid to go through the cycle again. But since it's completely pure it's fine to repeat this cycle over and over!

* Baby is moving and growing as their flex those newly developed muscles and joints!

* The Little Bean now gets bouts of the hiccups while strengthens the diaphragm and prepares the respiratory system for breathing after birth!

* The pancreas, gall bladder, and thyroid are all developed!

* And lastly bone marrow is starting to be made so The Little Bean can fight off infections after they are born!

A busy week to start out the 2nd trimester! Busy but every bit of it is important for a healthy Little Bean!

As The Bean grows and grooves inside this is how mommy is looking and feeling this past week!  


Just slightly, very slightly, bigger than last week but since the Little Bean is measuring three to four days bigger than my due date plus my tilted uterus it makes for an early baby bump!

I won't lie this past week or so has been terrible for me because of some other health issues that I will post about in a few days but because of all that and being pregnant here is how this mommy has felt over the past week!

* Exhausted - tired and fatigue have gone out the window and I have been straight up exhausted! I start my day out with about 10% of energy and by 6 pm I'm at -25% energy. When I used to be able to busily fill my days up with errands and chores I now break them up throughout the week. So instead of cleaning the house in one day I do it in five or six and take two days to run errands instead of a day or even afternoon. Isn't I stay home with Rondalynn and we chill and just play which I won't lie is a much better way to fill my day anyway! But after she has eaten, is bathed, in her pajamas, and given a bottle between 9-9:30 mommy is shortly in bed afterward!

* Potty time - Still having to pee every hour on the hour and every other hour at night but this side effect doesn't bother me that much so it's all good.

* Flutters - I'm feeling the Little Bean's flutters more and more every day which is a wonderful thing and I enjoy every second of it! Especially how in every ultrasound this little one is at least 10 times more active then their older sister was!

* Cravings - This week I have wanted nothing but fruit, meat, hot chocolate (frozen or hot), and Chick-Fil-A ice cream! Of course I eat a lot more things than that and a lot more healthier things but the Little Bean has down right demanded some of these other things!

* Nausea - Yep this symptom came back but not too bad but I was nauseous at least once a day every day this week. 

* Pain - Because of the health issues I've had this week I've had a bad bout of pain in my chest, arm, upper abdomen, slightly in my hips, and tiny bit of cramping in the lower abdomen. The Little Bean is perfectly healthy and until these issues resolve in the next few weeks I'm having to take around the clock pain meds to help me out. Since I've been on these before after surgeries and everything I don't get drowsy or tired from them and they only help with the pain which is nice. Once everything is resolved I plan on doing a safe pregnancy detox to help get them and the other meds I'm on out of my system. But rest assure that I've been told more than once that the Little Bean will be safe and fine while these health issues resolve and the meds will not effect the baby or make him or her addicted to any of them. 

* Swelling - Again because of the health issues and meds I've had some swelling. A little in my feet and crazy enough my hands have actually gotten smaller rather than swelled! Nothing too bad but I have at least noticed and my rings like to play the sliding game every now and there which I don't really care for but they stay on for the most part.

Well there you go! Week 12 and the 1st trimester is down and in the books! Now we have 2 more trimesters and 26 more weeks to go before the Little Bean is here for us all to meet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment