Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

*Historic Event* The Death of a Comic Genius!

Just like I did during Rondalynn's pregnancy I will post things that are historic or I feel are historic that happened during Little Bean's time in the womb. Then they can look back and see not only was going on with them and mommy while they were cooking but also certain things going on in the world at the time.

I was hoping the first one that I posted about for this pregnancy would be something happy and upbeat but sadly it is not. Not everyone will think this is a historic thing or really anything to post about but to me it is.


Yesterday the world lost one of the greatest comedians and actors of our time. The wonderful and amazingly talented Robin Williams.

I honestly grew up watching this man in numerous films that I love. His wit and talent was pure and such a gift and he gave me hours of laughter and enjoyment.  


I love this painting of himself in front with some of his beloved characters behind him. 

He was one of those actors that you honestly never thought would die. That he would be entertaining us for years and years, but sadly due to depression and what he saw as his only way out he will no longer be there to entertain us. 

It was sad last night when the news was finally setting in with all of us that he was gone that never since Johnny Carson has the world mourned for an entertainer. And that is 100% true, today the world is still in shock and mourning over this loss.


This is one of my favorite quotes of his and it fit him completely.

I plan on raising my babies on the same movies of his that I grew up with so they will get the same joy and laughter from him that I did growing up even though he is gone.

Thank you Mr. Williams for sharing your talent with us and making the world a bit brighter and funnier. You will be missed and it will be many, many, many years until we are blessed with another person of your skill and talent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment