On day about three weeks ago I had a run in with one of these!
Yep a black window! Except mine was as cute as this one was!
Now I don't like spiders I'm kinda like this when it comes to them!
I'm the Ron Weasley of the Muggle world when it comes to spiders!
But to make light of the situation I watch Totally Kyle Spider episode!
If you want a funny moment look up the above on Youtube! Some of the best two minutes of your day!
Anywho that night my bite looked like this!
It hurt and itched like crazy but it wasn't too bad.
Then a couple days later the redness has gotten HUGE, the pain and itching were unbelievable, my calf (where the bite is) was swollen, and I was running fevers! So I had to go to the ER and was admitted for an infection in my spider bitten calf!
Here is my leg on day three
And what it looked like on day five!
So I spent five days in the hospital getting antibiotics and trying to find a med that I could take at home to help with the infection. Since I'm pregnant that limit my med options and then we found out I had two new med allergy which made it worse and even more limited. So instead of oral meds I went home on..............
A PICC line and three to four weeks of Vancomycin three times a day!
And it seemed like that was the end of my story but oh no! This is me we are talking about and it can't be that easy!
So one day I was sitting there about four days before I was suppose to be done with my Vancomycin treatment and I started having the most horrible chest pain that was in my upper chest, ran down my right arm, and a little bit up my neck. It was horrible! I could hardly breathe and was sobbing, gasping, and crying in pain!
My first thought was oh great it's.............
You know nothing major!
I hurried to the ER and many tests and labs were performed and lots of meds were given and finally over five hours later......
they found that I had four to six large blood clots and multi tiny clots in my lungs!
So once again I was admitted to the hospital to be started on blood thinners, make sure my body didn't make anymore clots, and control the crazy pain that blood clots bring on!
First thing first was to get rid of the PICC line! They think this plus me being pregnant is the reason I have the blood clots since both of those put you at a higher risk for blood clots.
Another regular IV was put in which was fine with me and only one went bad the whole time I was there so I got away with only having two lines! Yay!
They kept me on my antibiotics until I went home just to make sure my infection was cleared up.
And started me on shots............
In my tummy which now looks all pretty in shades of blues, purples, greens, yellows, and browns!
After four days I was able to go home but here is the low down on what is going to happen from here on out!
First off the Little Bean is just fine and healthy! So that is a big relief!
Second I will be on these lovely things.............
Lovenox shots! Twice daily until I'm 34-35 weeks along and then I will go off of them so the doctor can safely delivery the Little Bean around 37 or 38 weeks.
So until then I will see my OB every two weeks and be followed by a Hematologist but we are all very, very hopeful and sure of a great and wonderful outcome!
I will keep you all informed of any other updates or info on this fun medical issue we are dealing with but I know with faith and the Lord on our side everything will end up okay and everyone will be healthy and wonderful!












.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment