Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Friday, June 7, 2013

Yep I'm Sure I Jynxed Myself!

I figured it would happen at some point but the timing was horrible!
Tonight Ron and I went on a date to..............


Outback Steakhouse!
Now if you truly know me you know I love steak! I love steak a lot so when we got a gift card to Outback I was more than excited!
I called after they opened at 4 pm and set up a call ahead seating for 7:30 pm then around 5:30 pm I had a small snack to home me over until dinner since some days I feel like I'm starving!
When Ron got home he dropped off her laptop, did one or two things, and then we headed for dinner.
I was so excited and looking forward to our dinner there but by the time we pulled into the parking lot I was starting to feel nauseous!
I thought to myself "Oh no! I'm taking a Zofran and a dose of the natural nausea med Emertrol that I keep in my purse just in case of things like this.
So we go in and are given a pager for 15 minutes or so while they wait for a table to open and as soon as we sit down to wait I take the Zofran and Emertrol and don't think much about how my nausea is slightly worse then before we left the car and figure it will get better once the meds kick in.
About 15 minutes later we are seated and after we order something to drink the waiter brought us............


the tasty Outback bread!
I was still nauseous and sadly it was only getting worse but I ate a piece of bread and sipped on my water hoping it would help while I wanted for the meds to kick in. Also for good message I took another swig of the Emertrol that you can take every 15 minutes.


Next came our Bloomin' Onion which is pretty much one of the best things ever!
I was still feeling nauseous when it hit the table so I only had a few onion petals because I knew the fried, glorious onion wouldn't help!


Next to continue this cruel teasing game came my potato soup that is pretty heavenly! I was so excited for this to come out because I was dancing on the border of unbelievably nauseous and nothing was kicking in or helping so I figured the soup would help some!
Nope those wonderful bites of soup only pushed me far past the border of being unbelievably nauseous to begging my body to keep anything and everything in my stomach right there!


 Finally my main course of sirloin and loaded baked potato.
I took I look and needed to excuse myself to the bathroom because I had lost the negotiations with my stomach!
When I came back from the bathroom the thought of eating was nonexistent so I slowly with a more than upset stomach sipped my water, taking in deep breaths every so often.
Ron was very understanding and asked for some boxes for me as he finished his meal and then we paid and left.
We drove home with the A/C on the setting and my eyes closed as I continued my deep breathing and asked why this couldn't have happened earlier in the day and why at Outback with so much lovely and tasty goodness!
We got home and I got a big glass of water to drink, took something stronger for nausea, and laid on our bed hoping it would all stop soon!
Finally an hour later the war was pretty much over but I didn't want to shock it with my entire untouched dinner so I had two pieces of the bread we brought home and very, very slowly ate my soup before falling into a now every tired sleep!

Yep it's official that I had my first good size bout with "morning sickness" in the evening/night and it was pretty much tiring and beyond not fun! Hopefully it's presences isn't very often and learned not to interrupt fabulous dinners!

No comments:

Post a Comment