Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Friday, July 25, 2014

10 Week OB Appointment!

Yesterday was another OB appointment for the Little Bean and myself!

Here are the fun highlights from this visit!

* I've gained one pound since my last appointment which the doctor was happy about since I lost weight from lack of soda when I was in my first trimester with Rondalynn. He says he is happy to see a patient put on 1-2 pounds in the first trimester. So right now that makes me 138 lbs!

* They tested my urine and I'm hydrated and free and clear from UTI's or kidney infections thanks in part to the Macrobid I'm on and will be on throughout this pregnancy.

* Got my first trimester lab work done including this awesome new test called a Panorama screen! This test gives you the same results as an annimo does but it's done between 10-12 weeks and instead of the risky annimo all they need is two vials of the mother's blood which has the baby's DNA in it and they are able to test for all the things they screen for in an annimo but it's done earlier and is much safer! They can also find out the baby's sex but we opted to not get that on our print out but the doctor will have the result on file if we want to know later before our mid pregnancy ultrasound!

* I was able to schedule the 12 week NT ultrasound to look at how the structures of the baby's organs and things like that are doing even though you get a much better structure scan mid pregnancy my doctor still likes to do the 12 week one as well to prepare for any possible issues so they can monitor them if need be. Plus it's another chance to see the Little Bean, who at that point will look much more like a little baby then a Little Bean!

* The Little Bean has a great and fabulous, strong heart beat of 160 BPM!

* Baby is measuring right on track at 10 weeks and 5 days! As the Dr. DeSanto said right on track and perfect!

* Lastly we got to see how the Bean was looking! And oh my goodness is this little one an active one! The Little Bean had it's hands waving away and it's little legs kicking like crazy! And one minute The Bean had it's head to the left and the next it had flipped and had that cute little head on the right! I can tell you already that right now it looks like the Little Bean will be much more active than it's big sister which is saying something because she was moving almost all the time too!

Here are the pictures from the ultrasound!


The head is pointing down and those little feet where up in the air just kicking away!


This was super cute and the baby had those little hands just waving away like your hand does when you stick it out the car window while driving. 


And those leg muscles were getting a work out with all the kicking and grooving they were doing!


This one was a close up to see the heart beating! A truly beautiful thing to hear and see!

So there you have it for this appointment! I see him next on August 21st and I'm suppose to have my 12 week ultrasound on August 7th so get ready for ultrasound photo overload when I get back from that!

No comments:

Post a Comment