In my internet baby website reading I came across week by week pictures while on Babycenter.com
Now this could honestly be because I work in the medical field but I want to know everything that's going on in Baby Truex's temporary home right now!
Also since I love blogging and jazz like that I decided to add these each week with my weekly update with some info on baby's growth!
If you are offended by the picture or medical terminology for this posts then please skip on ahead to the next one!
Here is what is going on in there at week 5!
Primitive Placenta: This is made up of tiny blood vessel or villi that will nourish and give oxygen to the embryo.
Yolk Sac: This produces the baby's red blood cells and offers nutrients until the placenta is ready to take it's place.
Embryo: At around the size of a sesame seed right now the embryo is made up of three pancake shape layers of cells that are folded over on themselves like an omelet.
Neural Tube: This is hanging out at the top fold of the embryo layer and will turn into the baby's brain, backbone, spinal cord, and nerves.
Amniotic Sac: This sac holds the growing sea of amniotic fluid that will house the embryo/baby for it's nine month baking time!
So there you have it! The info on baby growth for week 5!



No comments:
Post a Comment