Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Time To Get Started!

 I decided to make this blog as a way not only to post and journal about our first pregnancy but to do the same with all the ones after the first as well so I will have them one day for our kids to read!

I guess I should start with some background info! Ron and I honestly wasn't planning on getting pregnant. Unknown to most we have suffered five losses in this area all fairly early and sadly all caused by the medical malpractice of people who were suppose to take a oath and help you.

It hasn't been an easy path and endless tears have been shed, prayers for comfort and thankfulness offered up, blessings given, and endless amounts of soul searching. But Our loving Father in Heaven has carried us through it all and even in the darkest time we were always within his light and love!

This pregnancy has been different then the others for a few reasons.
First with the other losses we didn't know or had just found out before losing them.
Second means to prevent this event were more than in place!
And third we didn't find out about this as most people do!
So now that we've left the "Please go on!" thoughts in your mind I guess we should do just that!

On May 16th I went into outpatient for some routine weekly lab work which was a little more than a week before "Aunt Flow" or as we say in the Larson household "The Force would be strong with me" would occur. Needless to say I had no hints, clues, or even the slightest thought that I was pregnant. Crazily enough I believed that the prevention methods from both sides meant we were safe! Hahahaha! Yes I work in the medical field, seen swimmers and eggs out wit the prevent, and know many who have had the same things fail and still believe we were fine!

About thirty minutes after my labs were taken the nurse and doctor came in and sat down on either side of the bed and said they needed to talk to me. Again since I work in this field my internal alarms went off and I thought the complete worse! I look at both of them, holding my breath and they both started beaming at me. Of course with this I thought for sure I was dying and only had 24 hours to live!

But the obvious giddiness of the nurse made me stay calm as the doctor said "Kassi your hCG lab work came up positive!" Again even though I've ordered this test hundreds of times for patients and was more than aware that hCG stands for human chorionic gonadotropin which is a hormone produced after conception I couldn't grasp it and just stared at them, properly with my mouth open I'm sure. The giddy nurse sensing this said "Kassi you're pregnant!" At this point the dots connected and before they could say it I knew not only was I pregnant but I was also BARELY pregnant! So barely in fact that the hCG hormone wasn't even found in my urine they tested but was enough in my blood to show up and probably be able to detect in a home pregnancy test in the couple days following the blood work.

Because I make sure I keep records of such girly/intimate things I pretty much figured right away when it happened and around when I would be due but I was still in complete shock, even after seeing for myself the lab results! I figured it has to be a mix up but slowly excitement and fear started to creep in.

Now I have always wanted to come up with some super cute way to tell Ron when I was pregnant and I've had ideas of how I would since we got married but honestly the shock got the better of me and shortly after getting my blood work results I simply sent him a text about it. He was just as shocked as I was but also just like me in time the shock wore off and the excitement took it's place.

Even though the shock was wearing off we were still not fully believing it so that weekend we picked up three home pregnancy test for me to take each morning for the next three days.

 May 19th we had a faint positive line but a positive line none the less!

 May 20th the positive line was medium blue!

 May 21st the positive line was bright, strong, and showed up before I even had the cap back on!

It was then that we knew this was real and we were going to have a baby!

I couldn't help but take a photo like this!

Even with the shock and disbelief I first had I still decided to take a picture when I got home when I was three weeks to start my weekly belly photos!

  So here is the Baby Belly at 3 weeks!

Baby Belly at 4 weeks!

Baby Belly at 5 weeks! 

So far the pregnancy symptoms have been nice to me for the most part but I know that can and will probably change very soon! But even though they are playing nice doesn't mean they aren't there and so far I've had the "joy" of having:

*Slight nausea*

*A tiny pooch*

*Slight but normal abdominal cramping for the implanting and muscles stretching*

*Eating more*

*Being unbelievably tired*

*Having to pee almost all the time*

*Lastly my chest area is killing me! In fact we had to go shopping for something more comfortable and supporting in that area last night!*

I understand that I'm only five weeks at this moment and A LOT can go wrong still but their is something so very, very different about this pregnancy. With every passing day the sometimes breathtaking fear is replaced with excitement and joy! I find myself just randomly touching my stomach or talking to it when no one is around and I feel a bond that I didn't feel before now. It's truly an amazing and wonderful thing!

We hope you will enjoy reading our blog and have fun in the gender poll and all the other fun and random polls we put up! We thank you ahead of time for all of your love, support, prayers, and good thoughts as we embark on this journey!

We can't wait for January 27, 2014 (give or take some days) when Baby Truex will be here and we love our little "Munkin" already more than we could ever express!

No comments:

Post a Comment