It's been a bumpy last couple of days but we have crossed the line into week 35!
After my preterm labor scare in November they thought or was pretty sure that I wouldn't make it to 35 weeks but the stubbornness of both Little Bean and I have us setting out to prove them wrong!
So let's see what shaking Little Bean's bacon for week 35!
* Little Bean has thrown out the fruit measuring scale and is now about the size of a small roasting chicken! So around six pound and so much cuter than a chicken!
* Everything from his toenails to those cute little hairs on his head are fully developed!
* Little Bean's nervous system and immune system is still maturing and will continue after he is born.
* Right now his number one job is packing on the fat to help him regulate temperature after he is born!
* Also at this point the pool of amniotic fluid that Little Bean has been playing in for nine months has peaked and is now starting to diminish some. But he is still safe in there as his pool gets smaller.
* And if he wasn't there already this is the time that baby starts to flip head down into the cervix to prepare for the trip down the birth canal. Even though my babies don't come out that way they both have been super early to go head's down and getting themselves ready for their exit!
Looks like another fat building week for Little Bean which is perfect at this point! We want him to be nice, chunky, and healthy when he makes his debut!
So with the baby fat factory going full steam this is how the mommy's baby bump factory is looking as we go into week 35!
Even in a hospital gown my bump is still adorable! And yes I know I have some explaining to do as to why I'm taking my monthly picture in a hospital gown in the hospital and not in my bathroom at home!
* Bleeding gums - I've given up this fight and have decided this will happen until after the baby is boy!
* Contractions - This week these have been pretty awesome and I've only gotten the mild ones here and there that some extra water and putting my feet up have helped with. So there is one question answered about why I'm in the hospital! It's not because Little Bean is misbehaving!
* Sleeping - The way that Little Bean is laying is right into my right hip joint so I have to turn about every hour or two to help with the pressure in my hips and the pressure of his head on my bladder and pushing up on my c-section scar from Rondalynn's birth. Luckily I fall asleep fast and easy, it's just staying comfortable to stay asleep that is the problem.
* Uncomfortable - Not only am I uncomfortable when I try to sleep but I pretty much spend the entire day uncomfortable. I can't sit, stand, or walk without some sort of pain or stiffness and at the rate of a snail super glued to a sap tree in the winter!
* Pregnancy Swag - My waddle is more than impressive right now! Hahaha! And I have enough pregnancy swag that I can beat out all the rappers out there! Hahaha! It's pretty impressive when added to my normal waddle!
* Because my son is in my hip joint right now I've been having a lot more hip pain or hip spasms. Again I've been lucky that they haven't gotten as bad as they did with Rondalynn and even though they may pop here and there they haven't given out on me!
* Potty time - Peeing is a every hour thing for me but I can normally put it out to two hours at night if I'm lucky. My body as also started the process of cleaning itself out to help prep for baby! Another joy of pregnancy!
* Energy - Surprisingly for this point in pregnancy and with everything going on I've had great energy! I wake up with a good amount, hit a low point around Rondalynn's nap time, and then start to hit the low and go down after dinner when I'm more than ready to go to bed! It has helped me get a few things done here and there that I wanted to get done!
* Hunger - I really don't have many cravings but I can certainly take down some serious food! The last few times we have gone out to eat or brought fast food home I have destroyed my food! Like the bag is shaking in fear when I'm done destroy! Again like awesome I try to be healthy with all of this so the fully running fat factory Little Bean has going on doesn't transfer and start up mommy's!
* Movements - Since Little Bean has pretty much no more room he can't really roll at all. He most lays on my right side, head down, with his feet up and curled over to the left side of my rib cage. Even if he isn't rolling and twisting as much as he was he can still pack some serious kicks and punches! Some of which have completely taken my breath away!
Okay so there is my weekly update and on to why I'm celebrating week 35 in the hospital. If you go on our main blog I posted about a really bad thumb burn I got while cooking last month that then got infected. After having it drained and being on antibiotics it wasn't getting any better so I had to be put in the hospital, have a line placed, get stronger IV antibiotics that I'll have to do for a couple of weeks at home, and I also has to have another bedside procedure to clean out the area again, remove my thumb nail, and clean out all the nasty that was under it! I won't go into the details on here but go to our main blog to get all the details and see the pictures!
Hopefully next week will be a nice uneventful for as we get closer to Little Bean making his big debut!




No comments:
Post a Comment