Can I get a hoot hoot because today we are 34 weeks!
This is one of those milestones weeks for most mommy's because it marks the last six weeks of pregnancy but since we all know Little Bean won't be making it to 40 weeks we have less than 6 weeks left until his debut!
Let's see how the Little Bean will be spending this first week of the year!
* Little Bean is tipping the scales at around five pounds this week and has most likely reached his birth length already!
* His little eyes can now blink and are almost always opened when he is awake and closed when he is asleep.
* Those little eyes also dilate and constrict as a reaction to light when it's shined on mommy's tummy!
* The vernix coating that has protected his skin from his pool water will thicken up this week before he starts to shed it during the next couple of weeks before he is born.
* Lastly his testicles have descended from where they have been in his abdomen and are now in his rightful place in his scrotum.
And with all that happening on the inside here is how the outside is rocking it!
34 week baby bump that I'm rocking and loving every bit of it!
I seriously have a huge love for my baby bumps and their cuteness!
* Bleeding gums - This week I had two days, count them two days that my gums didn't bleed when I brushed them! Hey it's the small things in life that make you happy at times!
* Contractions - This past week has been an up and down week in the contraction area. I'm getting them every day without fail and they are always strong, very uncomfortable, last anywhere from 30 seconds to a 1 1/2 minutes, and sometimes can come every five to ten minutes apart. Thank goodness they haven't gotten into too much of a pattern so I haven't had to go into the hospital but I have had to double up on my contraction med more times then I would like to admit to, to help them.
* Potty time - I'm still making those hourly visits to the potty during the day and about every two hours at night. And at night the urges to go don't just slowly come on like they do during the day they hit like a train and I do the potty dance all while getting out of bed and heading the to bathroom!
* Uncomfortable - I have officially gotten to the stage where I can't get comfortable at all and I can't recline back or lay on one side too long without something hurting or it being hard to breathe! And I also can't eat a full meal at one sitting. I have to have smaller meals and snacks throughout the day because between Little Bean being so crammed and my stomach being so squished if I eat too much I get that nasty full feeling and Little Bean puts on a major protest because I've taken up more of his space than he wants me too.
* Swelling - My feet still swell nightly and now they enjoy doing it during once or twice during the day too! But I'm still lucky enough that they go down fairly easily and they aren't the painful type of swelling!
* Hip pain - My hip pain has been the same as the past couple of weeks but once this week when I went to stand up my hip did a small pop out thing that I wasn't too happy about. But it luckily was a small thing and it's only happened once instead of daily like it was with Rondalynn at this point so I'm still hopeful they will play more to my rules instead of their rules!
* Energy - My energy levels have been a little more on the low side this week but not too bad. I think part of it has to do with finger infection and the pain and how it's made it hard to do certain things and the other part has to do with not being able to get comfortable anymore.
* Cravings - These really have died down this week but one craving I seem to have a couple times a day is yogurt with granola! I seriously have to have at least one bowl of it a day normally as my before bed snack but sometimes I have it in the morning too. I honestly can't get enough of it! Hahaha!
* Movements - Little Bean's rolls, kicks, and punches are no longer those fun and cute movements but are down right painful! It feels like he is training for kick boxing, getting his black belt, and the WWE all at the same time! He has even dislocated a rib this past week! But is is reassuring to have him move so much but I won't lie it will be nice when he is out and the full on assaults on my insides are over!
There you have ladies and gentlemen!
Another week in the books and not too many left to go!




No comments:
Post a Comment